I have been thinking a lot this week about the direction I want to take this blog and who my target audience is. I could be journalling instead, so it’s obvious I want something more. And then I always come back to my long-held dream which is to encourage others as I have been encouraged.
We are all on this journey called life and I know how good it feels to know I’m not alone in my struggles. There is always someone else out there who has faced or is facing similar challenges. I’m grateful for the information, resources and encouragement I’ve found on my journey to being at peace with my story and who I am. I’d like to offer hope and support to those who are on similar journeys.
If you can relate to any of the following then you are one of my target audience:
* Raised by toxic parents, including a narcissistic mother. Was the scapegoat of the family, controlled and manipulated. Suffered spiritual abuse and emotional neglect.
* Raised in a Christian home, but have been questioning my faith for the last 5+ years. Am enthusiastic about how much more there is to life and spirituality outside the box of religion. Still have much to learn and reevaluate.
* Love reading and am often talking about a book I’m excited about. Will be sharing my recommended reads.
* Am a wife and a mother to three children. Marriage and parenting come with their own sets of challenges and rewards, as many of you know!
* Have a great interest in psychotherapy and plan to do further study. Will likely blog about what I’m learning.
* Learning photography and will often preface a post with a photograph.
* Had a desire to write for years but not had the courage. Finding it now!
* Figure life is about unravelling mysteries or at least trying to. This blog will detail all sorts in my effort to understand life as I live it.